Lead Technical Product Owner, Maximo
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Technical Product Owner role will lead and support technical and business teams in developing and deploying a new asset and work management solution to support tracking the lifecycle of an asset and creating and managing the gas construction work within our large, multi-jurisdictional Gas Business. The Technical Product Owner will work closely with the Business Product Owner, who will serve as the primary point of contact with end users and will focus on understanding and defining the business requirements for the asset management/ work management solution. The Technical Product Owner will provide a technical perspective in defining business requirements and will ensure that technical development and deployment teams interpret business requirements correctly and deliver a solution that meets the needs of the business while effectively improving safety, compliance, efficiency and consistency across multiple legacy operating companies.
- Assist development teams in writing user stories
- Support in mapping application integrations
- Refine business user stories/epics and add technical requirements and specifications to user stories
- Facilitate user story and program increment demos
- Ensure that test scenarios are created as part of epic completion
- Ensure all epic user stories are completed and Integrated Development Testing complete prior to epic closure
- Participate in UAT and post go-live support for all major and minor releases
- Provide input into solution design phase and validate designs against architectural standards
- Engage with internal stakeholders in various teams to understand larger strategic objectives
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop and execute against Product Roadmaps and Release Plans
- Review and understand business process flows and process compliance and regulatory constraints
- Coordinate conversations between compliance/digital security teams and development teams
- Ensure functional and technical design documents are updated and maintained
- Collaborate with Business Product Owner to prioritize and define epics and user stories
- Analyse data to identify opportunities and deliver recommendations
- Participate in program agile ceremonies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years experience in the field of application/software development/implementation
- 3-5 years experience with practical Lean/Agile experience or experience working on a Scaled Agile Framework® program
- 1-3 years of experience supporting Salesforce implementations
- Proven track record in technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience with building/supporting cloud-based API platforms.
- Experience with Reporting, Analytics, Business Intelligence
- Preferred experience:
- Knowledge of Agile tools including Jira, AgileCraft, and Confluence
- Utility industry experience preferred
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.