RCM Program Manager
The Reliability Centered Maintenance Program Manager develops and implements the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Program. This position sets the character of the RCM Program to ensure the Regional Facilitators are mentored properly to become fully competent and independent in the required skillsets to fully implement the Program and Analysis Process.
The Program Manager sets the strategy with the Regions to ensure the correct prioritization is set forth, and an achievable plan for analyzing critical assets using the RCM Process.
The incumbent plays a pivotal role in the advancement and improvement of the Utility Operations Maintenance Processes and how the RCM Process integrates into the Asset Performance Maintenance software.
- Develop and implement Governance and metrics surrounding the RCM Process
- Deploy a long-term strategy to reduce the probability/frequency of significant failures with the optimal use of resources.
- Develop and implement training requirements for Participants and Facilitators
- Ensure that Regional Facilitators use the RCM software to its fullest extent to provide a comprehensive and fully documented record of maintenance requirements/risk mitigation of all the significant assets used in the Regions.
- Work with the Regional Facilitators to effectively communicate to participants and their management teams the plans for training and RCM Program Meetings.
- Qualify as a licensed Aladon Practitioner to train personnel in the RCM 3 Day Training curriculum
- With Aladon maintain the up-to-datedness of the Reliability Workbench (REW) software.
- Working with the Asset Information Group and IT, ensure the REW software is integrated and can pass information to Maximo and APM software packages.
- In concert with the Regions and the APM process set the priorities based on …
- Asset criticality
- Risk posed by assets in achieving business objectives
- Requirements to manage the maintenance effort
- The level of effort to manage the improvement initiatives
- Ensure the Regional Review Groups on a consensus basis, impart the framework of the RCM philosophy
- Define the Operating Context (how is the system expected to operate)
- List the Functions and Desired Standards of Performance
- Define Failed States
- List the Failure Modes reasonably likely to cause each Failed State
- List the Failure Effects associated with each Failure Mode
- Determine Inherent Risk
- Proactive Risk Management Strategies
- Intolerable Risks
- Tolerable Risks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills in areas of change management
- Ability to analyze technical information
- Ability to analyze financial information, including budgets (capital and O&M), investment analysis (cost/benefit, ROI, etc.) and life-cycle costs
- Strong oral and written skills with the ability to deal persuasively with individuals at multiple levels, to think strategically and present an integrated, properly formatted end-to-end story with concise data analysis
- Solid understanding of the financial and operational impact of maintenance decisions
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of ISO 55000 and other standards related to Asset Management is required
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 10+ years of successful experience in a related field such as Maintenance, Operations, or Engineering
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in Operations & Maintenance, manufacturing or the military.
- Master's degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Asset Management Systems (MAXIMO preferred), SAP experience (or ability to learn)
- Ability to travel to ALL Regions / Sites ~40% travel