Quality Control Manager (QCM)
Nika – Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
NIKA is hiring for a Quality Control Manager (QCM) to implement, manage, and monitor a Quality Control Plan for a base operations support services contract in Jacksonville, NC!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and Manage the QC program to provide an effective and efficient means of identifying and correcting problems and continually improving the quality of the work performed
- Manage the QC inspection system, ensure the quality of performance is in accordance with the contract, and maintain files of all QC inspections and corrective action.
- Implement corrective action procedures to correct service deficiencies and ensure that they do not recur.
- Ensure full compliance with all performance objectives and standards
- Identify work, inspect completed work, issue reports on findings, maintaining files and ensuring the correction and subsequent compliance on any deficiencies.
- Ensure that all work is installed per predetermined code.
- Document, measure, control, and improve the quality processes
- Develop and implement effective Quality Training Plan and ensure adequate training of all new and existing employees to ensure maximum performance
- Conduct monthly (at a minimum) QC meetings with the Project Manager and QC Specialists.
- Submit Quality Control Reports (to the Contracting Officer), to account for each calendar day throughout the life of the Contract.
- The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact
- An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning
- Demonstrated success in teaching others quality concepts and requirements
- Experience developing, evaluating and implementing continuous process improvement techniques
- Successful leadership of subcontractors and project teams in support of quality endeavors
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, MAXIMO, and Windows
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in preparing and enforcing QMS programs on large base maintenance contracts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture; a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Background and knowledge of the practices, procedures and processes of contracts administration; knowledge of relevant laws, FAR, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing contracts
- Six-Sigma and/or ISO certification preferred
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.