Maximo Software Developer II
The Maximo Software Developer II will have experience with supporting, implementing and maintaining an IBM Maximo 7.6 solution. The successful candidate will work closely with business leads, subject matter experts, and the technical support team to capture application requirements, determine development approach, assist in implementation and provide operational support.
- Coordinate gathering of business requirements, perform software development, system testing and implementation of IBM Maximo software components and modules.
- Providing application development, system administration and support for Maximo applications, and maintaining patch levels and hotfixes and troubleshooting software bugs and end user system issues.
- Supporting implementation of new functionality in Maximo including version upgrades and addition of new modules.
- Develop and troubleshoot integrations in Maximo Integration Framework to integrate key enterprise-wide systems, supporting IBM Maximo Mobile Applications (DataSplice) and coordinate with the Integration Team to ensure Maximo is well integrated into the overall enterprise architecture.
- Developments reports using Maximo Business Intelligence Reporting (BIRT).
- Administration of WebSphere application servers in a high availability environment.
- Acts as technical work package manager for portions of projects and may project manage systems implementations.
- Coordinates software development activities within assigned area of responsibility among multiple staff members
At an intermediate or senior level, develops and modifies complex software application programs from detailed specifications. Gathers user requirements and documents functional and technical specifications as needed. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains and supports a wide variety of software applications and systems based on various development frameworks. Creates detailed system documentation. Evaluates, installs and tests off-the-shelf pre-packaged software. Provides training to end users and system owners as needed. Acts as technical work package manager for portions of projects and project manager for system implementations. Competent to work on all phases of applications programming activities. Provides input to Applications Systems Architect and/or Supv, Software Architecture in designing system architecture for large complex enterprise-wide applications and technical solutions. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Gathers and documents user requirements and functional/technical specifications for software solutions as needed.
- Programs, codes, and develops complex software applications based on various development frameworks.
- Evaluates, installs and performs upgrades of off-the-shelf pre-packaged software in conjunction with business requirements.
- Rewrites or reworks existing software programs based on new requirements.
- Maintains existing software programs. Troubleshoots and provides tier 3 user support for software applications.
- Coordinates software development activities with infrastructure and testing staff.
- Acts as technical work package manager for portions of projects and may project manage systems implementations. Coordinates software development activities within assigned area of responsibility among multiple staff members.
- Provides input to the Software Architect in designing system architecture for large, complex enterprise-wide applications and technical solutions.
- Participates in developing standards for application development.
- Provides system training to end users/system owners.
- Trains and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Six or more years of experience in designing, developing, and programming/coding software applications. A degree(s) in computer science or relevant field may be substituted per guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Nine or more years of experience in developing and programming/coding software applications. A degree(s) in computer science or relevant field may be substituted per guidelines for certain years of experience.