Application Developer II (IBM Maximo)
You will join our Functional Applications team with a focus on IT Service Management Applications and Application Development within the IT division at the National Security Campus. Responsibilities will include performing application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancements for multiple, concurrent technical projects and/or support efforts. You should be a great teammate with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Summary of Duties:
- Defines, develops, or modifies application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes and makes modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control document, etc.
- Identifies system requirements, develops application specifications, leads conversion and migration efforts, and develops convergence plans toward standards.
- Resolves highly complex computer security issues by crafting, developing, and implementing creative technical solutions.
- Actively analyzes existing applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements. Oversees or leads the evaluation and selection process for application packages.
- Defines development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development/integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features.
- Demonstrates project management skills and serves as a technical lead on IT projects.
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members both inside and outside their areas of responsibility while looking for ways to apply the latest technologies for improvements to software and organizational effectiveness.
- Participates in planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and prioritize investments. Works closely with Technical Review Board and Enterprise Architects to assure all systems are in line with the long-term corporate and IT strategy.
- Provides buy vs. build recommendations, including advising on system options, risks, return on investment, and impact to business processes.
- Ensures the alignment to quality standards and procedures, reviews modules for quality assurance, and ensures compliance with application architecture standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leads the development of guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development/ integration including developing and leading implementation plans for integration testing. Collaborates with testing teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or IT related field.
- US citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Three (3) or more years' IT-related work experience, to include two (2) or more years of direct work experience with programming/systems analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Service Management applications such as Maximo, Service Now, BMC, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control such as Subversion.